- Strong patent drafting and prosecution skills derived from over 25 years of experience in obtaining well over 1000 patents in the US and internationally.
- Experience as lead attorney on business-critical reissue and reexamination applications and patent interference proceedings.
- Strong skills in providing creative IP solutions for the particular business needs and circumstances of clients ranging from small start-up companies to large international corporations.
- Experience in non-infringement, invalidity, clearance, and IP due diligence projects.
- Significant work on drafting and advising clients on technology transactions.
George began his legal career practicing patent law at a well-known Silicon Valley patent boutique. George held in-house intellectual property counsel positions at Motorola, Inc., supporting its Semiconductor Products Sector (now Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.), where he worked with patent cross-licensing teams, counseled Motorola’s business units in leveraging IP assets in a variety of technology transactions, and advised law department management on patent law changes in the US and internationally and how practice and procedures could be adapted to take advantage of the changes. Prior to completing his law degree, George worked as an engineer in semiconductor, environmental, and oil refining technologies.
Areas of Experience
- US and International Patents
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development
- Technology Licensing and Transactions
- Electrochromic windows
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
- Organic Light-Emitting Diodes
- Microelectronic Assemblies
- Radiation Detectors
- Transparent Armor
- Personal Armor
- Crystal Growth Techniques
- Abrasive Materials
- Energy Technology
- Medical Devices
- Building Materials
- Drilling Equipment
- United States Supreme Court
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court California, Northern District
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California, J.D.
- University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, B.S. Chemical Engineering