Alex Jacobs focuses his practice primarily on preparing and prosecuting international and US patent applications.
While pursuing his law degree at Washington University School of law, Alex counseled local inventors and entrepreneurs as a student attorney in the University’s Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property clinic. As a student attorney Alex provided counsel related to corporate entity formation, trademark prosecution, patentability opinions. Upon graduating, Alex joined the Clayton, Missouri office of Harness Dickey and Pierce. As an associate at Harness Dickey, Alex gained experience in all aspects of preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications for technologies in the chemical arts. He worked directly with clients, inventors and in-house counsel to understand, explain, capture and protect all aspects of their intellectual property. Alex also gained invaluable experience providing litigation support for cases related to medical device patents.
Areas of Experience
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications, particularly in the chemical fields such as small molecule pharmaceuticals, fuel compositions, polymers, and petrochemicals.
- Counseling inventors on patentability issues.
- Providing patent litigation support in cases dealing with infringement and validity of biomedical devices.
- Chemical Compositions
- Polymer Compositions
- Biomedical Devices
- Missouri Bar, 2016
- S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2017
- Washington University, J.D. 2016
- University of Illinois, B.S. Chemical Engineering, 2013