Robert McMinn focuses on all aspects of domestic and international patent procurement. Prior to joining Abel IP, Robert practiced with Scheinberg and Griner, an Austin intellectual property boutique. Robert has handled patent matters in a variety of technical areas including semiconductor fabrication, electron microscopy, gas and liquid process modules and natural gas compressor lubrication systems. Robert also practiced with Shipley & Associates, where he supported litigation efforts in the context of large patent infringement matters that included the successful enforcement of check imaging and clearing technologies that have become industry standard technologies presently used by banks worldwide.
Prior to pursuing a career in intellectual property, Robert played violin in several symphony orchestras and mariachi groups, and was a music teacher at Socorro ISD in El Paso, TX, where he taught violin and mariachi music to students of all grades. He is also currently completing an M.B.A. degree from the University of Houston-Victoria, where he studies various aspects of business in an effort to provide clients with enhanced value in the exploitation of their patent portfolios.
Areas of Experience
- Intellectual Property
- Domestic & Foreign Patent Prosecution
- Patentability Searches
- Litigation Support
- Semiconductor Fabrication
- Electron Microscopy, with focus on SEM, ESEM and TEM
- Gas and Liquid Process Modules
- Chemical Blending Distribution Systems
- Electron detectors
- Oil & Gas, with focus on gas compressor lubrication systems
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2005
- University of Houston-Victoria, Victoria, TX, M.B.A., expected 2012
- University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX, B.S. Microbiology, 2002