Michael Noe focuses on all aspects of intellectual property law including the preparation and prosecution of patents, and acquiring, licensing and enforcing patent rights, trademark rights, trade secrets, and copyrights. His particular experience includes:
- Extensive patent work preparing and prosecuting US and foreign patents in systems and tools in the oil and gas energy industries, with a particular emphasis on oil exploration technologies.
- Patent work spans a wide spectrum of technologies, including hydrocarbon production and development, geothermal energy systems, fluid dynamics, materials science, aviation, aerospace, medical devices, automotive, heavy equipment, railroad, manufacturing, packaging, coating, molding, nanotechnologies, software, control systems, data storage, information systems, telecommunications, and numerous other types of mechanical and electromechanical industries.
- Particular expertise and strong track record taking patent applications on appeal before the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences, seeking the broadest possible claim coverage for firm clients.
- Counseling clients on infringement and invalidity issues, with significant experience handling clearance/right-to-practice issues.
- Litigation of patent, trademark and copyright infringement claims, unfair competition, and breach of contract involving intellectual property.
Prior to joining Abel IP, Michael practiced intellectual property law at Bracewell Giulliani. He has prepared and prosecuted hundreds of domestic and foreign patent applications in a broad range of industries and technologies.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- Texas Tech University, M.B.A.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.S.M.E.