Eric Churilla focuses his practice primarily on preparing and prosecuting international and US patent applications, primarily in the mechanical and software related arts.
Prior to joining Abel IP, Eric worked as outside counsel for Qualcomm in San Diego. As outside counsel for Qualcomm, Eric provided expertise in all aspects of preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications for technologies in the mechanical, software, and computer science fields. He worked directly with inventors and in-house counsel to understand, explain, capture and protect all aspects of their intellectual property.
Areas of Experience
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications, particularly in the fields of software, medical devices, semiconductor materials/devices, materials science, data storage, and biotechnology.
- Counseling clients on non-infringement and invalidity issues.
- Searching prior art to determine patentability of new ideas.
- Surgical Implants
- Surgical Tools
- Abrasive Products
- Biomedical Devices
- Data Storage
- Data Delivery
- Computer Processors
- Construction Products
- Children’s Products
- The State Bar of California, 1998
- Licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1998
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware, J.D. 1997
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1994