- Direct client contact and handling of patent portfolios for Fortune 50 Companies, including worldwide patent families including extensive domestic and foreign patent filings.
- Primary contact and direct experience with in-house counsel on large-scale technology landscapes, due diligence matters, and strategic product development and planning for various clients.
- Strong communication and documentation skills derived from involvement in various complex IP matters, ranging from non-infringement and invalidity matters, IP-driven acquisitions, business development matters, to transactional work.
- Mentoring junior practitioners of the firm, with a focus on best practices in connection with work product and effective client handling.
Ethan completed his undergraduate studies in Ceramic Engineering (major) Electrical Engineering (minor) at Alfred University. After gaining initial experience in intellectual property with Eastman Kodak Company, he moved to Austin, Texas in 2004 and began working with the practice group that is now Abel IP. Since that time, Ethan has obtained front-line experience handling complex IP matters for firm clients, and developing his own client base. Ethan now is a primary client interface for Abel IP. Internally, Ethan devotes significant time to mentoring junior practitioners in the firm.
- Chemical and material processing
- Abrasives and grinding technologies
- Medical devices
- Fuel cells
- Superconductor devices and processing
- Semiconductor devices and processing
- Oil field technologies and drilling devices
- State Bar of New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, JD, 2004
- Alfred University, Alfred, New York, B.S. Ceramic Engineering, 2001