Danielle Chalson focuses her practice primarily on issues related to patent law. Her experience includes:
- Preparation of patent applications in the areas of medical devices, graphical user interfaces, and industrial design for consumer electronics.
- Due diligence of IP portfolios of private and public acquisition targets, including the negotiation of patent, trademark, software, and OEM licenses.
- Patent litigation experience, including the taking of depositions, the preparation of expert reports and briefs, and the management of electronic discovery and privilege log preparation.
- Trademark application preparation.
- Summer federal clerkship in the Western District of New York.
- Danielle completed her undergraduate studies in Biomedical Engineering at Duke University. Prior to joining Abel IP, Danielle practiced with Ropes and Gray in New York City in both their litigation and corporate departments.
- State Bar of New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, J.D., 2005
- Duke University, Durham, NC, B.S.E., 2002, Summa Cum Laude